- Supervise transactions related to Bills and settlements for L/C import ,LC export and bill for collection of trade operations staff, ensuring processing as per predefined timelines, compliance with Bank policies & procedures, Central Bank rules & regulations, import/export /collection regulations and UCP/URR/URC/ISPP rules & regulations
- Control and ensure that L/C’s are scrutinized and approvals are obtained before settlements are processed.
- Review and authorize SWIFT messages payments as per financial instruments and customers, banks and beneficiaries.
- Maintain close control over events report, ensuring that commissions due and maturing transactions are followed up in a timely manner.
- Ensure daily, that EXIMBILL and UBS system records agree, and differences are scrutinized for submission.
- Ensure that all commissions, fee and other income are correctly calculated and booked on due dates. In the event of non-receipt of funds, ensure that the necessary follow-ups and non-payment reports (if any) are initiated and dispatched promptly.
- Ensure that the monthly proofs for head office and branches are properly scrutinized; differences investigated and appropriate action is taken in clearing the differences
- Initiate reports for any suspicious transactions that violate Central Bank’s AML regulations to the Money Laundering Reporting Officer.
- Ensure that all reconciliation tickets and suspense account are investigated without delays and cleared in a timely manner.
- Participate in new system and/or enhancement/developments whenever required, carrying out user testing, maintaining controls and meeting the required guidelines.
- Ensure quick closure of all customer enquiries and banks inquiry (negotiation banks) , complaints and daily transactions in coordination with the required departments, keeping up with the Bank customer service objectives
- Ensure all documents related various transactions are filed (hard/soft copy) and archived. Follow document retention and disposal procedures, ensuring minimal discrepancies and loss of information
- Prepare/generate statistical reports according to prescribed schedules so that all relevant parties are assured of the integrity of transactions and to facilitate decision making
- Follow all service quality policies and guidelines, SLA’s and communicate internal/external complaints to supervisor so they remain up to date with complaints, service quality level and operations processing issues
- Provide valid inputs in operational process re-engineering, review and modification of standard operating procedures and other policies. Recommend for simplifying work process, streamlining of operations costs to productivity by enhancing processing policies.
Ensure all trade finance operations policies and bank guidelines are complied with, conform to risk policies and procedures, Basel framework and AML policies to ensure regulatory compliance
- In depth knowledge of trade finance products and operations
- Good understanding of the universal practices and international rules like (URR 725, URC 522, UCP 600 ,eUCP and ISBP)
- Knowledge of Central Bank and other applicable rules and regulations
- Good understanding of managing risks in trade finance operations
Must be adept in use of MS Office 2000 or later, particularly Excel and Word, and Internet and email