The GL Proofing and Controls Officer is responsible for the execution the coordination and quality assurance of the GL Proofing and reconciliation data that all business units Group-wide must provide, to ensure the ongoing accuracy, integrity and completeness of the Bank’s financial data and that the Bank’s GL Accounts are controlled, proofed and balanced.
The GL Proofing Officer monitors and maintains Overdraft rates.
The jobholder also provides balance confirmations to properly authorized requestors, and performs spot checks to ensure stocks of cash and physical financial instruments are appropriately controlled by the business units that use them.
1. Monitor and assure the quality of GL Account reconciliation and proofing data submissions by all business units.
2. Report and escalate identified anomalies or failures by departments submitting reconciliation and proofing documentation.
3. Provide customer and supplier confirmations when required to do so.
4. Monitoring on monthly physical checking of petty cash (Bahrain) to ensure stocks of cash and physical financial instruments are appropriately controlled by the business units that use them.
5. Monitor and maintain overdraft rates.
§ In-depth understanding of wholesale / retail banking products, transactions and operations
§ Thorough knowledge of relevant Central Bank and other applicable rules and regulations
§ Must be adept in use of MS Office, particularly Excel and Word, Internet and email
§ Sound knowledge of the national payment system policies, procedures and regulations in the countries in which the Group operates
§ Thorough understanding of SWIFT and remittances