The Senior Data Engineer will be responsible for converting raw data into usable information for analytics and business decision-making. He/she will be working with various source systems of bank to building platforms to enable the business has access to the best possible performance metrics across various departments. He/she will be closely working with data scientists to improve the quality and accuracy of the data, enabling business to make more responsible business decisions. He/she will be responsible for data consumption layers such as analytics as well as ensuring the accuracy, completeness, and reliability of data used in business decision-making processes.
1. Analyze and organize raw data, combine raw information from different sources, and build data systems and pipelines required for business reporting and analytics ensuring data consistency, quality, and accuracy across the bank's systems and applications.
2. Collaborate with business units to understand and evaluate their data needs and provide solutions that meet those needs, while also aligning with the bank's overall data strategy.
3. Conduct complex data analysis and report on results, interpret trends and patterns, and prepare data for prescriptive and predictive modeling. And build algorithms and prototypes in collaboration with data scientists and architects on several projects.
4. Explore ways to enhance data quality and reliability aligning with data quality and data governance processes that promote data consistency, quality, and accuracy across the bank's systems and applications.
5. Develop and implement data integration and data warehousing solutions that supports the bank's business objectives and enables effective data management and analytics.
6. Perform the data modelling tasks ensuring alignment with the bank's data strategy and supports the bank's business objectives.
7. Work closely with infrastructure and DBAs in maintaining the company's data infrastructure, including databases, data warehouses, and data lakes, to ensure scalability, flexibility, and resilience.
8. Engage in BAU activities and ETL EOD support tasks wherever required.
9. Stay up to date with emerging technologies and trends in data management and analytics to ensure the bank's data capabilities remain competitive and innovative.
Qualifications : Engineering, computer Science or Business School MSc.
Professional Certifications :
- Oracle Certified Professional, Database Modeling & Design
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE): Data Management and Analytics
- Informatica PowerCenter Certified Metadata Manager
10+ years’ experience in data management and analytics.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- 10+ years of experience in data management and analytics.
- Strong understanding of data warehousing, data modeling, and data integration concepts.
- Experience with ETL tools such as SSIS, Informatica.
- Experience with data analytics tools such as R, Python, or SAS is a plus.
- Experience with MS-SSAS is a plus.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills.