The System Administrators Team Lead provides infrastructure expertise for the relevant technical area to ensure that infrastructure delivery and operations are efficient and effective.
The System Administrators Team Lead designs, implements and supports infrastructure, working with other internal IT teams and with suppliers to deliver infrastructure solutions. The System Administrators Team Lead will directly manage technical resources to deliver infrastructure services to the bank’s internal and external customers
1. Ensure that the IT Infrastructure design, implementation, support and maintenance activities are conducted according to the requirements of the bank’s capacity, products and services.
2. Manage the collaboration with all stakeholders (such as internal customers, technology team and infrastructure vendors) participating in systems design, implementation, support, maintenance and improvement.
3. Assess demand for changes/enhancements to new and existing applications, making recommendations regarding infrastructure capacity, performance, compatibility, security, support and associated cost estimates to execute systems enhancements.
4. Assess the issues/change requests, factor in impact, business priorities and delivery capabilities; schedule delivery, and liaise with stakeholder for timely delivery of solutions.
5. Support the review and monitoring of the performance, quality, capacity and security of the respective infrastructure and ensure all appropriate follow-up is executed, such as problem remediation and root cause analysis.
6. Align and integrate with the development of the bank’s overall platform architecture.
7. Team management, coaching, mentoring, development and knowledge transfer.
8. Control Infrastructure budget, licensing and service contracts.
9. Manage Infrastructure regulatory requirements, risk exposure and audit recommendations.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
A bachelor’s degree in computer engineering, computer science, information systems (or a related field), or equivalent experience is required.
Windows, Redhat and Linux certifications
Solaris or other Unix certification
Minimum 8 years in IT infrastructure, preferably in the financial services sector.
- Strong knowledge of one or more Operating system and Infrastructure technologies.
- Demonstrated analytical and technical ability.
- Strong written and oral communication / presentation skills.
- Good time-management skills.
- Must be self-driven, curious and creative.
- Should be confident, energetic self-starter, with strong moderation and communication skills.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work in diverse, cross-functional teams in a dynamic business environment.
- Administration skills and knowledge of VMWARE, OVM, Hyper-V, CITRIX, Acropolis hypervisors.
- Administration capabilities of Windows exchange, AD, DNS, SCCM, SCOM and DHCP.
- Hands on Infrastructure hardware, Supercluster, SAN Storage and Exadata.