- To carry out the role of a Unit Head within the Trade Finance Department and report directly to the Wholesale operations Head.
- To effectively process Trade Finance products to ensure and exercise extreme care whilst processing the clients/bank requests in an efficient and precise manner.
- To ensure that the banks records are maintained in a professional manner, thereby collecting the appropriate commissions and other charges thereof.
- To ensure that work is processed in a timely manner and professional manner abiding by the UCP rules and regulations.
- To coordinate and maintain good relationship amongst the Trade Finance staff and with other department of the bank for smooth processing.
- To process all activities assigned to him in a precise and professional manner and provide necessary assistance and coverage as and when required.
- To maintain accuracy at all times to eliminate any losses that may occur due to negligence.
- To go by the banks GIBMAN policies and procedures.
- To work as a team member being flexible and assist whenever necessary as per the department’s requirement.
- To ensure that the proof is scrutinized and prepared for submission in a timely manner input of information into the banking system (UBS and Eximbill)
- To ensure that the AML policies are adhered to at all times.
- To adhere to compliance issues in safe guarding the banks interest and eliminating any possible risk.
- To participate in any task or project assigned to you that requires your assistance and ensure completion in meeting the deadline.
- To manage the overall processing for all GIB branches
- Ensure compliance with overall operational procedures, rules and regulations and any other directions issued by the Senior Management
- To co-ordinate and professionally attend to staff matters, as and when required in order to maintain an efficient level of cooperation within the Unit.
- Identify training needs for his staff and provide essential training opportunities in coordination with the Unit Head.
- To act as a holder of the required external signing power for his section and other operations units where necessary.
- Ensure that all transactions are correctly recorded In EXIMBILLS and downloaded to UBS Banking System and that any adjustment entries are properly approved.
- Maintain close control over the daily report to ascertain that the necessary actions for various events are carried out in a timely manner.
- Ensure that commissions and other income are correctly calculated and collected on due dates accordingly
- Ensure that all transactions are booked under available credit limits and within the approved FM
- Ensure that reconciliation tickets are promptly investigated and cleared in a timely manner
Ensure that all month-end accounting entries related to his section are booked in a timely manner
- In the event of non-receipt of funds, ensure that the necessary follow-ups and non-payment reports (if any) are initiated and dispatched promptly.
- Ensure that the Customer Audit Requests are checked, initialed by an Officer and delivered to Internal Controls Department within the deadlines.
- Review all month-end departmental proofs, ensuring they are accurately checked and delivered to the Internal Controls Department within the deadlines.
- Ensure that operational, accounting and record keeping procedures are maintained in line with the established policies and regulations.
- Ensure compliance with overall operational procedures, rules and regulations and any other directions issued by the Senior Management.
- Perform duties that are normally assigned by the Department Head or Head of Operations, ensuring they are carried out in a competent and professional manner.
- To effectively monitor the processing function of all day-to-day matters concerning All GIB branches processing.
- To maintain good relationship and co-operation with all staff for smoothening the workflow.
- To provide necessary assistance to other staff members within the Department as and when the need may arise.
- In depth knowledge of trade finance products and operations
- Good understanding of the universal practices and international chamber of commerce rules like (URR 752 URC 522, UCP 600 URDG 758)
- Thorough knowledge of Central Bank and other applicable rules and regulations
- Thorough understanding of managing risks in trade finance operations
Must be adept in use of MS Office 2000 or later, particularly Excel and Word, and Internet and email