To successfully manage designated client portfolios ensuring maximum client satisfaction. Ensure timely, high quality and independent credit review is performed of the assigned credit/client portfolio. Ensure compliance to established credit policies and procedures and recommend proper credit decisions to authorized committee.
- Ensure timely processing of the client requirements for new, renewals, amendments and extension of client facilities.
- Timely prepare the credit applications through proper planning and based on portfolio responsibility. Prepare the financial spreads ensuring consistent application of definitions
- Ensure that the internal ratings generated by the rating models is accurate, reflecting the correct credit profile of an obligor
- Review, analyze and work with the RM to structure the transaction ensuring that the risk level is minimized/mitigated. Guide the Relationship Managers to structure the facilities in view of bank’s risk appetite
- Work along with the relationship manager to review and finalize the documentation & prepare DCC, FM etc
- Prepare write-up for the credit applications ensuring the summary is self-explanatory. Ensure that credit applications presented to senior management and Committee is error free and to the point.
- Accompany occasionally the relationship manager on client visits to bridge any gaps and loss of information.
- Monthly reports on drawdowns, irregular accounts, etc to be presented to the relationship manager. Proactively identifying problem accounts to ensure quality of credit. Coordinate with RM to clear DDRs
- Conform to risk policies and procedures to minimize the error ratios and customer frauds. Ensure timely compliance of approval conditions and agreed covenants
- Complete all KYC related matters and update on an ongoing basis. Assist in compliance related matters, as and when necessary
- Liaise with relationship managers and/or clients to obtain information required from clients as and when necessary. Handle all internal GIB matters in relation to client so that the RM can be “on the field” all the time
- Prepare industry/sector/portfolio reviews, as and when required to do so
- Work with the RM to maximize utilization of limits by customers. Work with the RM to ensure that budget is achieved
- Identify business opportunities, including targeting of potential new clients, in coordination with the RMs
Bachelor’s degree in finance or banking
Certification in Credit Management (mandatory)
7 to 8 years of progressive experience in the field of credit analysis and evaluation
- Strong credit & structuring related skills.
- Good understanding of corporate credit rating models.
- Strong credit analytical and evaluation skills.
- Strong management, training and development skills.
- Strong communication skills to clearly articulate his point of view in credit committees.