1. Assist in managing the day-to-day money book activity, main priority being the middle east money books. Execute trades within the authorized limits and policy at profitable levels to achieve the desk objectives.
2. Provide continues support to manage the Bank liquidity position within prescribed limits. Ensure that all transaction limits which have been set are adhered to.
3. Liaise with other traders to ensure proper co-ordination of money market, off-balance sheet products and its derivative trading activities
4. Ensure close working and co-ordination with branches to support their funding requirements. Work closely on all loans and deposit deals, closing on deal authorizations daily.
5. Liaise with customer desk on all day-to-day money markets transactions, queries from individual customers and provide services to the customers
6. Contribute to the preparation of periodic reports on money market activities, issues and closures; periodic forecasts on deposit rates, ratios and customer deposits.
7. Maintain relationship with treasury sales & corporate RMs to develop a strong understanding of GIB's client needs
8. Build professional relationship with counter party banks and financial institutions to stay up to date on market developments and transaction of business.
9. Maintain full working knowledge of the systems being used by the Unit (Reuters, Bloomberg & Treasury Systems like Acumen or any other future application)
10. Ensure all treasury MM trading polices and bank guidelines are complied with, keeping in line with the international treasury trading procedures.
Qualifications: University degree, in business management or finance
Experience: 5 to 6 years of progressive experience with banks in money market trading, forex trading, investment, derivatives
Strong communication skills and presentation skills.
Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills
Thorough understanding of treasury products, markets, trading skills; transfer pricing;
Good knowledge of global and international foreign exchange markets
Good grasp of technical analysis of dealing scenarios and charts
Proactive attitude with regards to market intelligence and developments
Sound analytical thinking, excellent numerical capabilities and quick/ intelligent decision making